11 August 2009

Instant Gratifrustration

careful not to block Blessings

i find myself doing one of two very counterproductive things

1. i stop myself from starting something, hoping for something better to come along

2. if i do actually start something, i never fully commit, hoping for something better to come along

in either case, i end up selling myself short.

we've all been cautioned about the dangers of "living in the moment," but, think about it, where else...or i should say when else...can you live?

the past? no. the future? nope.

don't feel bad being in the now, because guess what, you can't be anywhere else

and the beautiful thing is that putting your energy into the best now possible inherently also builds the best future as well

the present is an investment

i can't think of how many times i've passed up volunteer opportunities and things thinking "man this would be cool...but i need MONEY"

the funny thing is that had i actually spent my time being productive, volunteering myself, i'm sure i would have put myself in the path to receive the resources i needed (that's actually happened to me so many times)

lesson: what you need will find its way to you if you find your way to what needs you.

I appreciate you morning shower

No comments:

Post a Comment